In this 2-hour workshop, pupils work in teams to visit five zones to crack the ‘Easter Code’:
- Passover meal – pupils taste and experience a Passover meal, learn about the ‘Last Supper’ and reflect on the value of sharing.
- Foot washing – pupils hear the story of Jesus washing his disciples’ feet then get the chance to wash one another’s feet as they reflect on the value of serving.
- Gethsemane – pupils watch a video portraying Jesus praying in the Garden of Gethsemane before his arrest and reflect on the value of struggling.
- Trial – pupils act out the trial of Jesus and reflect on the value of support.
- Crucifixion – pupils make a stained glass window of the cross as they reflect on the value of sacrifice.
Download the Introduction for Teachers (PDF) outlining the programme and curriculum links.
Watch this two-minute video showing you the different aspects of the Easter Code programme: